I was working this morning on making craft bot keep track and store not just new piles of loot but changed piles of loot also. The code was done, it wasn’t a big change, and it actually worked. It recognized changed piles, reported the difference as new loot in the bot window, sent the storage request and the full piles ended up in storage. But it also crashed the client. Somehow. Not in the newly written code, somewhere after.
I looked at the code, studied it. Studied the diff. No clue. I put in some debug statements and fired the client back up. But the client thought I was a different player. Known issue. Happens occasionally. If you keep playing like that the client ends up sending ever more conflicting data to the server. Stuff messes up.
So I logged out and back in. Same problem. I tried again. Several times. Then several dozen. Then I realized that I didn’t remember why I was trying to log in. Then I got pissed off.